WHY PC's SUCK. (was: Re: [geeks] Ahh, the smell of Athlon's burning up

Dave Kimmel crisco_kid at shaw.ca
Tue May 21 19:12:53 CDT 2002

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> I also hear the bitch about "Well, you don't have the choices in
> hardware or software."
>
> To which I reply, "Yeah, but is a ton of useless crap that much better?
> I may not have the choice of 50 video cards, but my computer runs."
>
> Just an observation in the holy wars.

And a pretty accurate one at that.

The only Mac I have is an old Quadra 610 and, even though I don't use it
much, I am impressed by it.  After opening it up to put the battery back
in (it came out at some point) I noticed how similar the insides were to
the SparcStation 10s at work.  Sure, it wasn't Sun hardware in there, but
everything fit together like it was supposed to be there, as opposed to
the rat's nest of cables in my flaky Athlon box.

-- Dave Kimmel
   crisco_kid at shaw.ca