[geeks] Ahh, the smell of Athlon's burning up

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Tue May 21 17:04:01 CDT 2002

> It's 23C outside, our air conditioner isn't working and almost all of
> our
> Dual Athlon workstations have crashed. Each has 4 additional 80mm fans,
> it
> still isn't enough to keep them cool. I touched the heatsink on one
> about
> 3-5mins after it crashed and it was uncomfortably hot.
>
> I can't wait until it hits 30-35C this summer.

eh.. this box's goal in life is to be a dual 2.2ghz athlon:

http://satan.posixnap.net/~alex/albums/putars/Pages/Image7.html

who manufactured these boxes? or did you have somebody in house do them?
what kind of power supply? do you have a ton of disk in them? raid
controllers? i just cant see how with four additional fans you'd still
be overheating.

alex