[geeks] Ebay. Aaaagh!

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Mon May 20 20:03:25 CDT 2002

Well, this is my first and last "Mass sell off" on eBay.  Too much work,
and now I'm dealing with somebody who doesn't want to pay the shipping on
their item. (It's 27lbs, and needs to go from San Diego to Florida).  They
are surprised at the cost, "I would never have bid on it if I knew what it
would cost." EVEN THOUGH I put in my ad that they would pay for
professional packaging *and* shipping from a Mailboxes, Etc.  EVEN THOUGH
I answered lots of questions from OTHER people before the auctions closed.

Geez, I tell you.  Then when I mentioned that he is paying less with the
shipping than what I paid for the unit 10 months ago, he insuated that
he's having to pay for repairs, and that "I'm making him nervous".  I
explained to him that I decided to dismantle my studio for the space and
go digital, and that I don't pull crap like that.

Hell, I even posted that I would not try to backcharge PayPal charges.  I
got hit by that by one guy, telling me AFTER the auction closed.

I give up.

-Pete

-----
Peter L. Wargo