[geeks] falling in love with my wife, v2.0

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Mon May 20 09:16:42 CDT 2002

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 03:55:23AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Warning: long sappy story ahead.  Ignore if you're more concerned about NFS
> packets or OpenGL acceleration.

mmmmm, OpenGL acceleration.

> Over the past week, I've fallen in love with my wife, for the second time.

lucky bastard.  ;)

[long sappy story snipped]

awesome.  completely fucking awesome.  i'm glad to hear that things have turned
out the way they did.

> I'm asking as another list member, not as the guy who runs everything.
> I dont consider myself a dictator, or anything like that - I just happen to
> be the person whose machine everything is hosted from.

come to the dark side luke.  about half of us on this list keep telling you to
be a dictator, but you just don't listen.  oy.  ;)

> So, what do you say?  Thoughts, comments, anything, appreciated.  Please
> feel free to let me know, either here, or private email.

speaking as one of the people who unsubscribed from geeks after the last big
"amy thing" i can say that this makes me very happy.  i didn't dislike amy at
all, and i certainly enjoyed the majority of her commentary, but some of the
stuff she got all pissed off about really rubbed me the wrong way, and that
last bit was the proverbial straw.  so i left.  then i was informed that amy
had left the lists, so i came back.  i felt bad about it, cause i like amy,
but i couldn't take her attitude anymore.

now with the New Improved Amy(TM) and the Greg Woods procmail filter, geeks
should be a completely kick ass list.

-brian
--
"when it absolutely has to be there oh, sometime in the next few weeks"