[geeks] If your computer were a car, what kind would it be?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun May 19 08:29:06 CDT 2002

> Well, I think I matched most of these items correctly.
> Anyone have any input? How about your own rigs?

This is always fun, as it always seems to match up oretty well.

Mine: SGI Octane - big and heavy, fun to look at, not the fastest thing
around but handles heavy loads incredibly well, has quirks that make it
unattractive to typical users, once I've used one I can't go back to
other systems full time even though they're fun to drive once in a
while.  Sounds a lot like my Dodge pickup truck :)

Karin's: Dell Inspiron 8000 - large as far as small systems go, fast,
you can change the fascia, swap out parts with ease, Metric assload of
additions and upgrades available, very low use (only used for certain
software), used by from time to time when I need a different kind of
fun.  I'd say that's also a good description of her PT Cruiser.

There are others in the house, but these are our primary workstations.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com