[geeks] Math books

Jonathan Eisch jeisch at boku.net
Sun May 19 00:14:20 CDT 2002

On 5/17/02 11:54 PM, "Joshua D Boyd" <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:
> I wonder how well Mathematica 4.1 would run on my 8100...

I ran Mathematica 3 under Macintosh Application Environment for Solaris on
my SS5/110 without any problems.  Until you start doing animations and
graphing, mathematica will run just fine on older hardware, it's just the
more complex stuff takes a little more time.

I say, use the older hardware, as it'll work just fine.  Bill's idea of
going with a NeXT Station is probably a good idea too.

I run mathematic 4.1 for Mac OS X on my pismo.  It flies.  (faster than the
MAE mentioned earlier)  I even do my animated graphes at DV resolution, and
do a bunch of frames so I can put it into a quicktime movie (built into
Mathematica) and toss it into iMovie.  Very nice....

-Jonathan