[geeks] Math books

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri May 17 23:54:52 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 07:34:00PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 07:24:54PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > basically, I've never done any higher-level math (other than what I did and
> > forgot in college), and would like to learn more.
>
> and you know whats annoying?  There's no trial/demo/free-student-edition
> of Mathematica.  I'm tempted to go buy an old NeXTstation just to get it.
> IT WOULD BE CHEAPER!

The student edition of Mathematica isn't bad.  I want to buy it this summer.
I'll probably also buy myself the upgrade to the full version not long
afterwards before I graduate.

The biggest question is do I commit to forever using linux, or do I commit
to buying and maintaining a nice Mac forever.

I wonder how well Mathematica 4.1 would run on my 8100...

--
Joshua D. Boyd