[geeks] Re: Cop Cars

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat May 18 07:55:11 CDT 2002

Michael Schiller wrote:

> Great! Now I have to figure out what the differences are between the
> different kits available. I've seen 2 different ones. One from Bullydog
> (www.bullydog.com) and one from Diesel Performance Products
> (www.dieselperformanceproducts.com) The DPP kit says it varies the
> amount of propane based on boost level, the bullydog one doesn't mention
> that, and is almost $200 more. Do you have any ideas?

I've only ever used the Bully Dog kit.  I really couldn't compare the
two, as I've never used or installed a Diesel Performance kit.  I
initially installed the Bully Dog on a buddy's truck and like it so much
that I started recomending it to other folks.

As far as propane delivery, I'm not sure that the Bully Dog varies the
amount with boost pressure.  There's nothing to suggest that it does.

Be aware though, that both kits are *not* sold with a tank.  You have to
buy the tank seperately, and that basically doubles the cost of the
kit.

There's a website with loads of good info:
http://www.dodge-diesel.org
and a listserv at: