[geeks] Re: Need an opinion

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Fri May 17 17:19:38 CDT 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> i don't know which of the two it was, but when my brother's beetle
> broke down on 95, a MD state trooper picked me up and gave me a ride.
> i distinctly heard a supercharger.  and i'll be damned if he didn't
> get up to 80 but QUICK.

A well-known FreeBSD admin once told of tale about running the interstate
in Mississippi to get to an airport in an ex-MD state trooper car -- it
had kevlar armor on it and a supercharger. Did 120 MPH the whole way -- a
five hour trip in two hours.

> course, he was a MD state trooper who spent all his time on 95, so i guess a
> supercharger is kinda needed.  ;)

Heh. Once upon a time, Alabama's State Troopers had Javelin AMXs -- bloody
fast cars. They got rid of them because the troopers kept doing U-turns
at 50+ MPH and smoking brakes and trannies.