[geeks] Re: Need an opinion

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri May 17 13:44:43 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 05:55:38PM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
>
> > MOPAR? Is that an acronym?
>
> MOPAR means Chrysler.  MOPAR parts == Chrysler parts, MOPAR service==Chrysler
> service, etc.  I don't know what it exactly stands for though.

MOPAR is an abbreviation for "Motor Parts".  It started out as MoPar,
then people started writing it as MOPAR, and nowadays people seem to
prefer Mopar.  I tend to write/type as MOPAR just as habit.

The name was concieved emphasize that Dodge, Chrysler, and Plymouth were
all part of one big company, and that parts were largely interchangeable
among the manufacturers (with some exceptions).
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com