[geeks] Re: Need an opinion

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Fri May 17 13:52:50 CDT 2002

>> MOPAR? Is that an acronym?
>
> MOPAR means Chrysler.  MOPAR parts == Chrysler parts, MOPAR
> service==Chrysler
> service, etc.  I don't know what it exactly stands for though.

it doesn't really mean anything. the origin of the term is kind of a
mystery. some people have decided it is derived from "mo' paahhhrrr"
(think heavy southern twangish pronunciation), others that it came from
an acronym to which the "PAR" was parts or something. at any rate, there
is no real accepted meaning other than chrysler corporation's
performance parts division.

alex