Working in Waltham was RE: [geeks] more BGP stuff

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri May 17 06:40:23 CDT 2002

Kris Kirby wrote:

> On Thu, 16 May 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > *IF* I decied to work with RHI, and *IF* they offer me a contract with
> > decent money, It'll only be a stopgap.  I hate consluting, I did it for
> > a few years, I have *zero* desire to do it again.
>
> Ok, everything I've ever heard has been that conslutting is good. Why is
> conslutting bad?

I don't really like it.  Don't know why, I just don't care for it.  If I
had my *own* business life would be good and I wouldn't be pissing about
conslutting - but getting paid bottom dollar as a third party is not my
idea of fun.

Being a 'bench consultant' as I was with CIBER is fine, but depending on
the conslutting company to find you work is not.  I'm not willing to
give up that much control of my own destiny...

Used to be the money was good too, but these days it's
piss-freakin-poor, with no benefits (medical, dental, life, etc).

YMMV, not for internal use, offer void where prohibited, etc..
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com
Editor: "We need a new food critic, someone who doesn't immediately
poo-poo everything he eats."
Homer: "Naw, that usually takes a few hours."