[geeks] BGP on a Cisco Router

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu May 16 12:23:53 CDT 2002

Gary Nichols wrote:

> Kurt - are you looking to utilize HSRP as well?  It was a lifesaver for
> $previous_company.  Their primary ISP was up/down more than the stock
> market.

Actually, the more I read about BGP, HSRP sounds like a good idea as
well.

$Company actually belongs to my brother-in-law and we're looking to
simply add some stability and a redundant path for internal machines, as
well as the webserver if possible.

We just spoke about this last night, so I don't have any real details on
his network config.  All I know is that he has two T1s, and wants to
create a redundant path.  I'll probably talk to him tonight about it,
and I'll get more info then.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com
Editor: "We need a new food critic, someone who doesn't immediately
poo-poo everything he eats."
Homer: "Naw, that usually takes a few hours."