motors for kit cars (was Re: [geeks] Hmmmm fattening)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed May 15 14:09:45 CDT 2002

> > Blah - a high-winding 4-cyl is not my idea of a muscle car.  It works,
> > no doubt.  However I like to feel the pistons throbbing up and down
> > vibrating the car all over, er, I mean.  crap....
>
> Um, you have a pretty twisted idea of what a muscle car is.

The coloquial term of "muscle car" is a small and light car with the
biggest, most powerful engine that can be stuffed into the engine
compartment.  Is that not correct?

> > I think a 10-cyl is too much weight.  I'm going to go with a
> > small-block, bored out to larger displacement.  Which one?  heh, maybe
> > a  360 bored and stroked to 408 :)
>
> Do you even know what a viper motor weighs?

Yes - dry weight is ~550 (at least in the GTS-R) pounds.  Added to the
engine bay with fluids, wires, and accessories it will weight more.  I'm
not certain how much a 360 weighs, but I'm sure it weighs less than that
- especially with aluminum heads.

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com
Editor: "We need a new food critic, someone who doesn't immediately
poo-poo everything he eats."
Homer: "Naw, that usually takes a few hours."