[geeks] wheeee

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Wed May 15 13:59:00 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, May 15, 2002, at 02:40 PM, Eric Dittman wrote:

>> just finished reading the geeks@ traffic since may 3. its a good
>> thing i
>> got sick after i came back from vacation so i had time to read the
>> list!
>> er..
>
> I find that after a good vacation I usually need a couple of
> days to unwind before returning to work.  I'd hate to be sick
> after a vacation.

There was recently a thread here about getting sick after plane trips.
On 5/3 we spent about 7h on a plane and on 5/13-14 we spent about 5h on
a plane. Both times there were plenty of hacking and coughing and
sneezing people. I'm sure thats what got to me, given that in California
we really didn't spend a lot of time around other people, let alone
people who were sick.

I spent all day yesterday and all night last night doped up on NyQuill
(and on irc.mrbill.net/#geeks). It seems that my fever "broke" (as it
did the last time I was sick). I had a temperature all last night up to
about 3am when I awoke in a pool of sweat, feeling better, and hungry.
Hunger is always a good thing when one is sick and hoping to recover.

Incidentally (gee are people even reading this thread?) yesterday,
hoping to beat the cold, I drank two Odwalla C Monster smoothie thingies
and ate an Odwalla SuperFood bar (yuck, its green and tastes like dirt
but has lots of good stuff in it I knew I wouldnt eat). The body seemed
to appreciate that.

Anyhow, I'm hoping after another night of NyQuill tonight that I will
head to work in the morning. I have a LOT of work to do after 2 weeks
being gone!

alex