[geeks] setting up modem/router for sshd (solved)

William S. wstan at xs4all.nl
Wed May 15 00:26:09 CDT 2002

Well, I did manage to come up with a solution.
After scanning though lots of posts via google
came across a reference to online documentation
for the Alcatel modem that describes how to
set the modem to forward packets to a specific machine.
It is called 'pinholing'.

As an additional note. I was able to do this with my
'Speedtouch home' Alcatel isdn/adsl modem by engaging
the 'pro features' through a 'hack' documented at
a few sites.

It seems OK so far. So I am content for the time being.

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 08:13:35PM -0400, Tim H. wrote:
> for what it's worth (no knowledge of the hardware, good basic knowledge of IP routing)

<snip>

--
Bill
Amsterdam, NL