[geeks] Graduation

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Mon May 13 14:18:16 CDT 2002

	I got by with nothing more than working full time and using the hope
and lifetime learning credits. Those two tax breaks payed for 50% of my
schooling and drastically reduced the costs. I also exploited a loophole in
my schools paying system to my advantage. They are so money grubbing that
they will not kick you out of a class for any reason once you are
registered.
	I Figured out ,through an unfrotunate accident ,that they did not
start tacking on late fees or interest until finals where done for that
semester (then the late fee was steep, rufly 75%). So I would register for
class in the fall, pay as I got payed, then for the spring semester register
for classes and file my taxes as fast as I could. As soon as the money that
I had spent on classes last semester came back in the form of a tax check I
would give it to the school to make them happy. Took some good timing but I
managed to pull it off.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer
WHRO