[geeks] Fwd: from Silicon news

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon May 13 14:10:00 CDT 2002

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 11:02:06AM -0400, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> To prevent future sabotage through greedy future execs... plus it
> establishes an image... It'd be a hobby business.... A business for
> Justice!.. :-)

Well, you still need a distribution chanel for those of us who like going to
record stores.  I'm sad that the only reallyreally good local place closed so
that the owner could go to law school.  All thats left is a punk store
(truly independent, but all punk, which I'm not the biggest fan of) a used
store (the only new stuff is the current top 40 list), and the chain stores
(or places that might as well be chain stores).

> I've also thought about doing the light bulbs we know how to make that
> don't burn out but aren't on the market because they'd destroy the
> market for light bulbs.  I'd love to destroy a few markets just for
> kicks... but I call them recycling the market.... or forcing innovation.

That would be cool.  Aren't there patents standing in the way though?

--
Joshua D. Boyd