[geeks] Fwd: from Silicon news

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Mon May 13 13:35:25 CDT 2002

On Mon, 13 May 2002, Chris Byrne wrote:

> Say you're a 5 person band and you write your own music equally. That leaves
> each of you with between 20 and 60 cents per CD.

I think the record companies are running scared.  For the first time,
artists have a cost-effictive way to bypass them and go right to the
consumer.  Plus, after hearing some original songs by the artists (like
demo cuts), and the released versions, I would've rather had the somewhat
techniocally inferior but much better "rough" versions.

'Twould be a sorry shame if the parasites in the industry had to get real
jobs. :-)

-Pete