[geeks] Bad Coffee

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon May 13 12:00:48 CDT 2002

~ -----Original Message-----
~ Subject: Re: [geeks] Bad Coffee
~
~ > I prefer it super strong, though I'm usually alone - only
~ ex-military
~ > can keep up with the mud I like to drink.
~ > --
~ > Kurt
~
~ I believe this was the topic of the week a little while
~ ago.....but has
~ anyone
~ used Mcdonalds coffee to help start a CAT D9.....I have...:-)

I have used various fluids to increase compression in a tired diesel before
(for starting). Is this what you were doing? My best luck has been with the
thinned aerosol greases in a can. The grease gets in the cylinder and takes
up space. If it squeezes past the rings it won't kill the engine (unlike
water bearing fluids). Marvel Mystery Oil is great too.

I have had spectacular (aka, deadly) results with ether based starting
fluid. Ever see (and hear) a diesel suffer high RPM engine run-away while
frozen cold? Talk about engine knock.