[geeks] Beater Cars

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Mon May 13 11:51:19 CDT 2002

I am driving a 94 Geo Tracker (my wife really wanted it, she thought it was cute, and I gave in)  Over all opinion has only improved since we got it.  As long as you remember it is a pretend truck I definitely think it is the second best micro-ute, second to its close cousin the samurai.  It has a real frame, A solid rear axle, drives like a porpoise because of it's extremely short length (it is shorter than just about every car I have parked next to, including things like hyundai accel and such)  But it does very well (speaking of course relative to other stock micro-utes) off road because it's short length gives it good breakover clearance, and the front frame crossmember is prettty close to as low as it gets, so if you get started over something you usually won't high center.  Of course there is a lot of stuff you won't get started over.  Oh, and what other micro-ute can say it holds a SS690MP, as wel as a deskside sized Sun storage array at the same time?  I only wish I !
had pictures of that load.

Tim