[geeks] Table Saw Suggestions

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Mon May 13 11:03:15 CDT 2002

For that kinda stuff, there probably is only 1 company, they just rebadge to every name under the sun.  usually cast aluminum table, direct drive (saw blade mounts directly to the motor like a circular saw) and they are all of similar quality. They work fine for basic stuff, don't expect the fence to be very parallel or repeatable.  They are pretty light weight bench top style, so if you actually intend to cut 2x4s I recommend hooking it down to something a little more weighty.  I got mine free, a friend bought it for a job, used up the motor brushes, and gave it to me.  He got a couple years out of it if I remember correctly.  Price I am not sure about, but they should be available at any chain "home center"  I don't recommend buying it at Sears, you will gt the same saw but it will cost more.

Tim