[geeks] Composite to SVideo converter

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sun May 12 22:25:45 CDT 2002

I grabbed a VCR with broken playback mechanism but working tuner from the
trash.  I was hoping to use it to watch TV on my Mac, but it only has SVideo
input.  I have other machines with RCA input, but they aren't set up, and it
would require taking down my 8100 to set them up, which I'm not ready to
do right now.

So, any cheap way to convert a composite signal over an RCA jack to SVideo?

An SVHS vcr is fairly high on the list of things to buy, but there are
other things that should be gotten first.  Quite likely a camcorder would
fit into that category of things needed more.

--
Joshua D. Boyd

Social Security - I have greater faith that Elvis is alive
and programming VAX assembler than that I will ever receive
a dime from it.  --  Patrick Giagnocavo