[geeks] Help... Pipe rescue

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Mon May 13 00:35:50 CDT 2002

Michael Thompson wrote:

> I used to take care of a 19" Chris-Craft with a 450HP 454 Chevy engine and
> a Berkley jet. After a few years use it poked a connecting rod through the
> block. Guardian Marine, the company that built the engine, said that we did
> well by getting 120 hours use out of the engine. It was cool while it
> lasted, we got 7 skiers up at one time. It would do 0-60 MPH in about 50
> feet.

The Chevys are supposed to be tougher than say the Olds and Pontiac BBs.
(apparently some cooling issue)
Doesn't sound right if it breaks like that? Ofcourse, pushing 450
horsepowers at a full rate for years _should_ break things over time,
even with racing parts. I guess a service/maintenance once a year on
that engine would have saved its life? :-)
Chevy BBs are the finest, since the parts are cheaper and there's alot
more parts for them.

My friend didn't get that skiboat before it was sold to another guy, so
he's looking for others.
A probable subject right now is a yellow 15" skiboat with a Chevy 454 BB
and a Berkley-jet eq w/ a place diverter. Should be fun with that funky
roostertail. :-)

--
Vnliga hlsningar/Best Regards
Bjrn Ramqvist, Hgglunds Vehicle AB