[geeks] Beater Cars

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Sun May 12 11:40:00 CDT 2002

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 12:43:47PM -0500, doctor obnox son of a bitch wrote:

> By "respectable", I meant "I didn't pay cash for it".

heh, good point. ;)

> Beside, I like the RAV. FWD, since I live in the suburbs.

yeah, i guess if you live in those types of conditions....

> I'd be happier if it has a little more power, but it's trouble-free,
> has a good stereo, and can carry quite a bit.

aftermarket supercharger?  ;)

> It's a good station wagon, for people who hate stations wagons.

ok, put that way it makes more sense.  it's the fact that it's an "SUV" is
what pisses me off.  but come to think of it, i'm not fond of the term SUV
since i tend to own TRUCKS, not SUVs.  and applied properly i guess SUV really
means "stationwagon without saying stationwagon"  ;)

> > >  1990 GMC c-1500,2wd, 305, 5-speed
> >
> > nice truck.
> >
>   yeah, it was stripped-down basic. Hand-cranked windows, rubber floor
>   mats

perfect.  nothing to go wrong with it. ;)

-brian
--
"when it absolutely has to be there oh, sometime in the next few weeks"