[geeks] What is the SSI graphics in a Octane.

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat May 11 22:28:11 CDT 2002

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 09:04:58PM -0400, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> On Saturday 11 May 2002 09:03 pm, you wrote:
> > On Sat, 11 May 2002, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> > > I pulled an HINV and got the graphics option of SSI
> >
> > That's SI with a larger framebuffer and more geometry engines.  You can
> > also look at is MXI without texture memory (which is more technically
> > correct).
> >
> That's all well and good if you know what an SI is.

SI is the octane equivelent of Solid Impact.  Basically, they took Solid
Impact and put it on a XIO card, to my understanding.

--
Joshua D. Boyd

Social Security - I have greater faith that Elvis is alive
and programming VAX assembler than that I will ever receive
a dime from it.  --  Patrick Giagnocavo