[geeks] Off-road trucks (was F*n sweet car..)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri May 10 20:40:23 CDT 2002

> > No shit?  I had a K-10 for a while before I moved to CA.
>
> K-10s rock.  454, slap on a blower and some cherry bombs.  great high school
> vehicle. ;)

Mine had a straight exhaust (no cat, my father-in-law had a inspection
shop at the time).  It was only a 350 so I had to go with some monster
gears in the diffs - the side effect was a shitpile of effective torque
at the road.  My God it was fun.

I sold it 'cause I couldn't afford to ship it to CA :(

> my favorite truck so far though was the one my friend had before he got drunk
> and rolled it.  74' Chevy Stepside pickup, 6" lift, 4" body lift, 44" swampers,
> 501 Rodex with blower and some nice shiney stacks.

Oooooohhhh baaabbbbyyy.......

I'd like to find a Li'l Red Truck, slap a 440 in it, blow it, and stick
some stacks on it.  All show, probably wouldn't handle too well -
super-short wheelbase.

I know a guy up in Canada that's putting a set of 4" stacks on his
Cummins Ram.  I'm getting jealous already, and it isn't even finished.
Mmmmm...

I'm debating putting a set of 4.56 gears in my Ram, but to do so I need
a new diff carrier.  4.10s might be better, and they fit the stock diffs
(Chrysler 9.25 rear, Dana 40 front).  But, with a 318, I'm really gonna
need a supercharger to turn 42" tires - even with low diff gears.

I just went through Dodge's website and did the "build your Ram"
configurator - I built a really nice 2500.
Must...find...work....getting...itchy......

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com
Editor: "We need a new food critic, someone who doesn't immediately
poo-poo everything he eats."
Homer: "Naw, that usually takes a few hours."