[geeks] Mainframe LINUX

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Fri May 10 16:41:26 CDT 2002

> Good article on IBM's mainframe LINUX...
>
> http://www.linuxworld.com/site-stories/2002/0416.mainframelinux.html
>
> Best quote:
>
> "On a workload applicability basis, the zSeries fits Linux about as well
> as snowshoes go on a downhill ski racer."

Actually a bad article, as a lot of it is the authors saying
"I heard this about it, but I don't believe it."  The other
part is benchmarks.  He says benchmarks are flawed when
discussing IBM's benchmarks, but then presents his own
as valid.

He also does a lot of comparison to older IBM systems and
tries to tie this into the current systems.

He also missed the point that IBM doesn't require the
customer to sign an NDA to fix hardware bugs.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net