[geeks] F*n sweet car... has anyone seen this car yet?

David Passmore dpassmor at sneakers.org
Fri May 10 15:39:37 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 04:16:49PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> http://www.fordvehicles.com/autoshow/ConceptVehicles/gt40/

Mmm, I would love to have an original GT-40... 390 naturally aspirated HP
out of a 289.

> Cars are too plain these days.  I really like to see distinctive
> styling, even if it is butt-ugly to some people...

I agree. I grew up in a car-loving family (my dad is a pretty hardcore
mechanic) where I was expected to own at least one first-generation Mustang,
which was in fact my first (and second) car. These days it seems like people
think of cars as a utility rather than something you can have fun in. Say
what you want about Bill Ford, but there's a commercial where he says
something along the lines of, 'If I could have only one car, it would be a
convertible with an kickass sound system, and a throaty V-8'. Amen, brother.

And yes, all SUVs are ugly, Chevy sucks, and the Camaro is dead.

David