[geeks] F*n sweet car... has anyone seen this car yet?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri May 10 15:16:49 CDT 2002

> The new Nissan 350Z for 2003.  I saw it in the New York Times in a color
> Sunday paper... sharp... very sharp... It's like a cross between the
> Porsche 911 and an Audi TT...Starts at $26,300 so it's a lot more
> affordable... *itch*  must buy..... *Smack*.... *itch itch*.... heh.

IMO that car lacks soul and distinctive qualities.  These:
http://www.dodge.com/inside/concept_vehicles/super_8_hemi.html
http://www.dodge.com/inside/concept_vehicles/razor.html
http://www.fordvehicles.com/autoshow/ConceptVehicles/gt40/
have so much more soul.  The Nissan Z car is so, hm, sterile.  Nothing
about it stands out to me - it all seems to be a rehash of "safe" and
"accepted" ideas about automotive styling.  Even Chevy, the posterchild
for non-innovation these days, has the new BelAir which is a step in the
right direction.

Cars are too plain these days.  I really like to see distinctive
styling, even if it is butt-ugly to some people...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com
Editor: "We need a new food critic, someone who doesn't immediately
poo-poo everything he eats."
Homer: "Naw, that usually takes a few hours."