[geeks] Desktops

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri May 10 10:06:02 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 07:35:36PM -0400, Ryn wrote:

> Anyone completely  moved away from Winbloze? I am debating ousting
> Win2k and converting to Gnome on Linux.
Yes. The last Windows I really used was 3.1, then I converted to OS/2
and began in parallel to use Linux^WFreeBSD^WNetBSD^UNIX. I am a pure
UNIX plant for about, uhh, three or more years now. Current work system
is a Alpha PWS 500au with Tru64 UNIX. My "desktop environement" predates
that KDE and GNOME toys: fvwm2. Pure, simple, straight, fast, lean,
stable, unbloated and high configurable. Suits my puristic attitude
perfectly.
--

tsch,
         Jochen