[geeks] Desktops

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri May 10 09:05:18 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 07:35:36PM -0400, Ryn wrote:

> Anyone completely  moved away from Winbloze? I am debating ousting
> Win2k and converting to Gnome on Linux.

Good for you!

I don't remember the last time I used Windows.  At least two years ago.
Since then, my main desktop at home has been a no-name laptop running
Debian Linux and Gnome.  I also have a Mac running OS X.  I only run one
Windows application now - Forte Agent, which runs just fine under wine.

At work, I have similarly been using Linux and Gnome, although since
I've been at the BBC, I've had a Solaris desktop, which runs everything
I need just fine.

--
David Cantrell    |    Reprobate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  There is no sigmonster