[geeks] Desktops

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu May 9 19:27:44 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 12:17:51AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> On Thu, 9 May 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > Can't say anything about the scanner, but buy and IPX ($10 or so), install
> > NetBSD, and make it a print server for both machines.
>
> Well, if you use a printing system like aspfilter, which uses ghostscript,
> look out. gs on an IPX means you'll be getting your one-pager tomorrow and
> your 30-pager next week and your 350-pager next month. :(

The printer was a postscript one, so one not need use ghostscript.  That
said, I've used ghostscript on an IPC, and it wasn't anywhere nearly that
bad.

--
Joshua D. Boyd

Social Security - I have greater faith that Elvis is alive
and programming VAX assembler than that I will ever receive
a dime from it.  --  Patrick Giagnocavo