[geeks] Desktops

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu May 9 18:59:59 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 06:51:58PM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:
> your machine.  My Creative Labs Modem Blaster PCI is supposed to be
> supported under 2.4 kernels with HCF drivers but it doesn't work.  (I
> have the joy of retro-connecting with my old external 33.6 modem.)

Long before I made the switch, I had a 486 running my modem for me.  I just
made things nicer.

> Then there's the ever present issue of connecting to other things in
> your house - for instance I still can't get CUPS to print to the Windows
> Postcript laser on my wife's machine and my scanner currently doesn't
> work yet.  Again, hardware issues - they come up with any operating
> system.

Can't say anything about the scanner, but buy and IPX ($10 or so), install
NetBSD, and make it a print server for both machines.

--
Joshua D. Boyd

Social Security - I have greater faith that Elvis is alive
and programming VAX assembler than that I will ever receive
a dime from it.  --  Patrick Giagnocavo