[geeks] UPSs

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue May 7 22:53:15 CDT 2002

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> happened.  I mean, how dumb can you be to say "Yes" to powering down
> a machine that you have as a SERVER.

Especially when the prompt says "DO NOT CHOOSE `YES' FOR A SERVER" or
somesuch.  It may be that, so long as the power management kernel driver
is installed, pushing the power button does the right thing, even if the
userland "go to sleep after N minutes" tools are disabled.  I can play
around with it and see if I can discern what's happening, but pushing the
power on my U10 -definitely- doesn't just kill the PSU.

--Jonathan