[geeks] IP Space?

Bryan Fullerton bjf at samurai.com
Tue May 7 00:19:19 CDT 2002

[mmm, old mail]

On Tuesday, April 30, 2002, at 11:22 PM, Kris Kirby wrote:

> Who was the guy with his own block again?

Got a /24, but it's not actually portable, as it's part of a larger
block owned by CA*Net. I've had no problems moving it around several
Canadian ISPs though.

Place I do consulting has a /16, of which they're using *maybe* 200 IPs.
Just this past year they started using more than the first /24. Of
course, if they had all the machines on the internal corporate LAN on
"real" IPs instead of 1.0.0.0/8 (converting to 10.0.0.0/8 RSN, really!)
they might be able to justify a /18...

Bryan