[geeks] Handera to SGI I2 questions

lists lists at pellucidar.net
Sat May 4 18:22:24 CDT 2002

Hi all,
Anybody hooking a Palm or Handera to an Indigo2?  I realize the SGI runs RS-422 signal levels, and the Handera is RS-232, but I've always gotten away with it on other machines.
Handheld is a Handera 330/Palmos 3.5.2
I2 is running Irix 6.5
I am assuming the jack toward the power supply is /dev/ttyd1
I have tried straight connection through apple style db9-minidin8 adaptor, and I have tried connecting through the null modem configuration shown here:
http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/info/RS-232_null_modem.html#part
(the one he lists as partial handshaking)
and have no luck.  any info is appreciated.

kamakazi

kamakazi at pellucidar.net