[geeks] 32 Gig 1.6" SCA drives......

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu May 2 22:33:48 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 08:08:32PM -0500, Eric Dittman wrote:

> > > You use what you can afford :(
> >
> > How much space do you really need though?  Most people don't really need so
> > much that a few 4 or 9 gig drives wouldn't do the job.
>
> I think quite a few of us have a lot of MP3s online, and that's
> not something you usually archive, so those take more and more
> space as time progresses.

MP3s.  OK, inferior audio for inferior drives.

I wish I'd had the cash to pick up a few of those 36gig drives that are
currently up for $120.  Two of those, plus two 4 gigers would make a nice
raid 10 (why have the 4 gigers?  To ensure that one will be able to grow
the partition by testing it on setup).

<snip digital source code>

<snip other stuff>

Sounds like work stuff.  They should spring for decent drives.

--
Joshua D. Boyd