[geeks] Emissions and whatnot

Michael Dombrowski legodude at hammycorp.com
Thu May 2 14:38:54 CDT 2002

> And how about instead of drilling on ANWR, we just pass better
> emissions standards for vehicles?  How about we implement standards
> for SUVs?

How about just taxing gas a whole lot more in general? Use the money
for two things and two things only - clean up/protect the environment
and develop new/more efficient fuel sources. I bet if gas jumped
$1/gallon and there was no chance of it going down, people with 17mpg
SUVs would think twice during their next car purchase. Better
emissions standards would be a good move also.

Mike