[geeks] One of the things I love about America

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu May 2 12:16:20 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 01:05:45PM -0400, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> IS an idiot... total puppet of Cheney.  Was a drunk and a drug addict.
> Cares not for the environment. (stupidest environmental policy ever... a
> chimp with a dart board could do it better.)  Quoth Lewis Black "You
> cross your fingers and sign the treaty...  even if you don't perform you
> sign it."  All of his businesses failed and he has the economic sense of
> a meat loaf.

It is dishonest to sign a treaty that you don't intend to honor.  I fully
support Bush not signing the treaties that I've heard of him not signing.  In
particular, while I think that emisions need to come down, the Kyoto treaty
really sounds bad.  Any treaty regarding IP also probably is one that
shouldn't be signed.  And what was that one about enforcing foreign rules on
the internet?

> They should use the rule of evicting people from public housing if
> anyone in the family is caught with drugs (daughters) to evict the guy
> from the White House.  (after all if they can kick innocent grandmothers
> out... why not mr Rich stuff?)

I think that is a stupid rule.  And the only thing worse than stupid, unjust
rules is stupid and unjust rules that are twisted for purposes other than
intended.  The whole war on drugs has to go.

On a related note, it is way too hard to kick people out of apartments, even
if it does save people like DaveM from idiots afraid of technology.  I know
people who made the mistake of owning apartment buildings in "inner city"
Lancaster, and they end up spending endless amounts of money because of tenets
who intentionally trash the place, but who are extremely difficult and
expensive to evict.

--
Joshua D. Boyd