[geeks] Rant: Network "Industry Leaders" That Don't.

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu May 2 10:03:43 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, May 1, 2002, at 02:01 PM, Gary Nichols wrote:

> One night last year, I ate some really bad pork.  It was so bad in fact
> that it had me hallucinating most of the night.  As I fell into a deep
> coma-like slumber, I had the worst nightmare of my life.  At the time I
> was a network/cabling monkey who had seen some bad installs, but nothing
> like in my nightmare.  All windows NT servers... SP1... homemade cat5
> cables by a guy named 'doug'... stacks and stacks of unmanaged 24-port
> hubs spewing ipx/appletalk/blah throughout the nework... clueless users
> setting up one napster server after another... no password on the local
> firewall boxen... 3 -no- 4 hacked servers... and the coffee machine is
> OUT
> OF FSCKING COFFEE!!!! AAAHAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>
> *wakes up in a sweat*

Hmmm I had a bizarre dream a few nights ago that Pete Wargo (who I've
only seen in pictures) was eating a solid block of spiced cream cheese
in a restaurant covered with cheese whiz and raving about how great it
was.  Hardly a computer-related dream however..... maybe he was
receiving radio signals through the foil wrapper (it was Philly)

Andrew