[geeks] One of the things I love about America

Mike Meredith hmv at meredithm.fsnet.co.uk
Wed May 1 14:34:47 CDT 2002

On Wednesday 01 May 2002 20:00, David Cantrell wrote:
> On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 05:55:24PM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
> Sometimes I despair of democracy and think that people just don't
> deserve it. (but see *)

"Democracy sucks ... it just sucks less than other forms of government".

> > biggest contributions is having the election days on a Thursday.
>
> Unfortunately not.  Making it much easier to vote by post didn't fix
> that.

Which still takes a tiny bit of effort to organise.

You could be right, but changing the day to a Saturday one year to try
it out isn't going to cause the sky to fall in, and would be an
experiment just as valid as all the other experiments they're trying.