[geeks] One of the things I love about America

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed May 1 06:19:19 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 12:24:33AM +0100, Chris Byrne wrote:
> Note, the article was about what America stoands for, not about the foriegn
> policy and actions of it's various administrations.

Standing for something is pretty meaningless though, unless you carry out
what you stand for.  I mean, I could say that I stand for being polite to
dipshits who don't deserve it, but that's irrelevant as my actions are
the opposite.

FWIW, I would agree with you that Americans are on the whole good people.
That's true of just about any group of people you care to mention.
Criticism of "America" is really criticism of the US government and
political system, which is an entirely different thing.  The people may
have been America at some point, but they aren't now.

--
David Cantrell    |    Reprobate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

       Liver with fava beans and a nice chianti is
       less appealing if the donor has cirrhosis
          -- after Coyu, in soc.history.what-if