[geeks] well, hell

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Fri Mar 29 16:04:18 CST 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> On Friday 29 March 2002 04:08 pm, you wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 04:02:30PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > >   I'd get a second opinion on something like that, unless you *really*
> > > trust the shop that it's in.  This is a perfect opportunity for them
> > > to add a computer to their inventory with you footing the bill.
> >
> I was thinking. You said the windows went in the wrong direction when you
> first started the effort to revive the car yes?
>
> I have heard of batteries when discharged very deeply reversing polarity.
> This may be what happened. If so it is possible that both the alternator and
> the computer were damaged by this.

that is more or less what the nice mechanically inclined person said. what
i'm honestly worried about is what other motors in the car were affected.
i know the windows and the top motors are fine--thank you god, jesus and
mary--but the headlight covers arent closing and it's currently got me
paranoid.i'm just hoping to god the alternator and computer took the brunt
of it.

the battery that discharged originally was a die-hard.

so far this has cost us a grand. moral of the story that i always
forget...never ever leave a car sitting without starting it periodically.

--a