[geeks] Losers.

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Tue Mar 26 03:09:13 CST 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 11:17:07PM -0800, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> Bad luck!  It's probably an SSI vs SI thing, unfortunately.  I can't go

hmmm.  oh well.  i'll just wait for MXE to come down in price. :)

> higher than 60hz at 1600x1200, except for 1920x1035 which I'm a fraid to
> try for some reason.

would it even work right?  your monitor doesn't have the right aspect ratio
for that.

> But truly, for some reason, 60hz is not that bad
> on ths monitor and I don't know why.  60hz on the crap Dell attached to
> the Ultra-5 at the office is bloody painful.

well, 57hz on a gdm-20e20 is unusable.  so sad.

> What happens if you add TRAM to it, I wonder...

probably not much.  texture mapping has very little to do with what's pumped
out to the monitor.

-brian
--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)