Anal-Retentiveness (was: Re: [geeks] a little advice about DNS and naming conventions)

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Fri Mar 15 10:07:45 CST 2002

On Friday, March 15, 2002, at 12:27 , Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:

> I see this is somewhere near as anal I can be sometimes, when people
> spell "Megabytes" as "Mb". That's "Mega BIT"!

Oh, we all have our little anal triggers.  Mine is the use of "its" and
"it's":

it's = "It is"
its = "the possessive of it" (much like his or hers)

I get totally PISSED when I see this in print.

Runner up: congratulations.  Often I see this spelled with a "d":
congradulations, which is just plain ugly.  Not to mention that when our
HS Girls' soccer team won the NY state championships, the banner across
the street was spelled that way.  (Not to mention that the sign in front
of the school (for years!) read: "Home of 1984 NYS State Champions."

Whee, how redundant...

-Pete