Fanatics (Was: Re: [geeks] Booze and Religion)

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Mar 10 15:28:14 CST 2002

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 03:05:53PM -0600, Amy wrote:
> all of them that come by here are extremely pushy. they don't like being
> rebuffed or told nicely that we weren't interested. i figure they come by
> once every two weeks, sometimes more often.

One of these days I'll answer the door naked.  That should take care of it.
This morning after we got woken up, I started thinking about a sign.  Or a
trap door and some snakes.... ooh. PIT OF LIONS!

> the mormons, in comparison, were much nicer. i explained that i wasnt into
> religion, gave them some chilled bottled water (it was 110 degrees out and
> they were wearing suits. i felt sorry for em)  and they understood
> and never came back.

Yep; same here.  They were people my age, doing what their church REQUIRES them
to do; I couldnt be mad at them.  They were just as polite and friendly as
I was; not pushy at all.

I have nothing at all against Mormons, JWs, etc; I just have this view of
"dont shove your views down my throat, and I wont shove mine down yours".

My best friend in junior high was a JW; I told him it sucked because he didnt
get any christmas presents. 8-(

Bill

--
Bill Bradford