[geeks] Booze and Religion

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Sat Mar 9 13:32:06 CST 2002

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> > aww, dats no fun. just go to the market, buy some dead cow and rub it with
> > garlic, black pepper, and kosher salt and bake the sonofabitch to temp.
> >
> > i love prime rib. amazing cut of meat, really. when done right it just
> > melts in the mouth.
>
> Got some AMAZING prime rib from Sam's Club a couple weeks ago.  They
> have the best meats there - and some the most amazing cheeses as well.
>
> I usually eats my steak with with kosher salt and fresh ground black
> pepper - that's it.  Sometimes I'll make a rub, and sometimes I'll make
> a dipping sauce.  But usually, just salt and pepper.  That said, the
> smoky prime rib at Lone Star is simply without equal (IMO, anyway).

nod, same here with steak, it seems to set off its flavor best. the reason
why i put garlic on prime rib is because it tends to give the au jus a flavor
a tidbit more substantial than fat/water :)

i've never been to this lone starplace, so i'll take your word for it.
here we have cool river and other assorted steakhouses (hey, its texas,
land of beer and cows!)

--a