[geeks] Sun files suit against Microsoft

Jeff Borisch jborisch at columbus.rr.com
Sat Mar 9 12:57:06 CST 2002

Keith Campbell wrote:

> Are you implying that your company's site license covers your computer
> at home?  It does not, regardless of who supplied it or what it is used
> for.  A 'site' license is just that, a license for that site.  Large
> companies with multiple locations need site licenses for each location.
> Does your company have a site license for your home?

Some site licenses will allow this. Sometimes the clause is that the work
computer and the home computer cannot be in operation at the same time.

Other times the "site" license covers a geographic area, say within a 100Mi
radius from the home site.

I can't speak to what arrangements there are with Windows site licenses tho.
Thankfully I've never had to read one.

I guess technically the are not "site" licenses anymore, but that is what
the SW companies call them.