[geeks] Sun files suit against Microsoft

Keith Campbell keith.d.campbell at att.net
Sat Mar 9 12:27:00 CST 2002

> On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 12:15:09PM -0500, Keith Campbell wrote:
> > Pretty soon we will be getting 100 CD's every time we have to buy
> > Windows.
>
> What is this "buy" thing of which you speak?  WOrk has a site license,
I have
> a computer at home that I only use for work purposes... (VPN, etc)...
>
> I've never paid for a copy of Windows.  Ever.
>
> Bill

Are you implying that your company's site license covers your computer
at home?  It does not, regardless of who supplied it or what it is used
for.  A 'site' license is just that, a license for that site.  Large
companies with multiple locations need site licenses for each location.
Does your company have a site license for your home?

Note: I'm not saying I agree with this, just that I've gone through it
and that's how it worked.  (over 10 years ago at least, but I doubt the
wording has gotten more lenient, if anything licenses have gotten even
stricter.)